I recently got another couple of items finished for my graveyard, the open grave and the crypt in the foreground of the picture above. The photos are a bit poorer than usual Im afraid, as I dont have a set up decent enough to take photos of anything much bigger than a 28mm figure for the time being.
The one on the right is a plastic piece that came from one of the GW Lord of the Rings boxes, kindly donated by PB a few years back. I sprayed it with GW Roughcoat back then which was a mistake as it obscured some of the details on the lid of the sarcophagus. I enjoyed painting the books strewn around the base. I like painting miniature books for some reason that I havent quite worked out yet.
I traded some bits and pieces with COM in exchange for the resin grave piece above. I dont know where it originally came from, but I think that its a Grendel piece. In my haste to get it finished the painting came out a little more lurid than I had intended. I am tempted to go back and tone it down a bit but I probably wont.
The piece originally had a tombstone, but that was mislaid at some point before I got my hands on it. I made up the stone shown with an old piece of Foamex board that I had lying around since 1995. I used Instant Mold to copy the pattern on the sarcophagus lid and stuck the copy to the Foamex as a quick way to make the headstone look a little more authentic.